Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Beauty from Ashes

I was running errends today and driving through the country side. I noticed the beautiful colors of the fall leaves. I had to laugh to myself that some people drive all the way to New England to see fall leaves and yet this year, at least in my area we have a wonderful display. The reds, oranges and yellows were so pretty. I got to thinking about how the leaves with the pretty colors are actually dying or dead. Isn't it just like God to take a dying leaf and decorate it so pretty?

Our family has been devestated by the death of my father in law. However, even from that God has drawn beauty. My mother in law was contacted by the newspaper about the accident and was asked if she had any words for the boy who was driving the car. Her message of forgiveness and love was printed and many, many people have been touched by it. God used the death of a wonderful man and the faith of a wonderful woman, to bring beauty from the ashes of a terrible accident.

This week is Thanksgiving, so I am going to look for more ways that God makes beauty from ashes. I hope you will too.

No comments: